After a Homebirth Cesarean: Caring for the physical, mental, and emotional needs of the HBC family
Andaluz is proud to offer this workshop through Homebirth Cesarean International for birth professionals to help clients who experience a homebirth cesarean (a transfer from a planned home or birth center birth to a hospital cesarean).
Courtney Jarecki, HBCI co-founder and Laurie Mednick, CPM, will share information gathered from over 200 interviews
they have conducted with homebirth cesarean mothers, partners, midwives, and birth professionals from around the world on:
- Caring for the homebirth mother in the hospital
- The Womb Room
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs), PTSD and screening by birth professionals
- Finding common ground after an HBC: The mother, partner, and birth team
- Barriers to mother/birth team communication
- Breastfeeding after an HBC
Saturday, February 22, 2014 9am - 1pm
$65 per person $55 for Oregon Midwifery Council members 3.5 Oregon Midwifery Council CEUs included in cost of class To register, please contact Laurie Perron Mednick: email@example.com
Class Location: Andaluz Waterbirth Center 3323 SW Naito Parkway, Portland
Homebirth Cesarean International is a registered nonprofit organization that aims to educate homebirth-oriented families and care providers about the possibility of cesarean, and adequate care in the event of surgical birth.